Here is a collection of useful howto’s and other training materials. Many of these links came from Novica’s Step by Step thread, I’m just collecting them here so I can find them later. If you’re new to Daz I highly recommend you start there and read through that thread. There’s a ton of useful information to go along with the links.
- Step by Step Install Guide
- Novica~ Step By Step Tips From The Beginning is a huge thread over on the Daz forums where she posts links to all the info she finds. Well worth digging through.
- Bundle lists: Bundle items now listed In Product Library
- Organizing Content by HearldOfFire
Lighting & Shaders:
- UberArea Lighting: The Basics from Szark on the Daz forums.
- 3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread started by Wancow on the Daz Forums.
- Simple Lighting Setup by Zigraphix on the Daz Forums
- Cameras And Lights by Maclean
- Spotlights: How Many Can Be In Viewport?
Texturing & Materials:
- Using LIE (Layered Image Editor) from 4Eyes website.
- Clarifying terms Part 1
- Clarifying terms Part 2
- Tips On Surfaces / Materials / Shaders
- The Surface Tab
- Images: JPGs, PNGs, GIFs
- Zoom Background And Character- Same Time!
- Getting Lighting To Match It
- Handles: Get a handle on handles
- Working With: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20319/#298200
- Prevent From Going World Center: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20111/
Rendering and Spot Rendering:
- Settings: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/16085/
- Time: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/18198/
- Spot Rendering: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/14716/
Universal Tool Cube
Lists of free models: